Actions carried out
WP 1: Complementing current knowledge on major cereal global diversity and evolution in Africa.
- Task 1: Refining the Sorghum domestication scenario.
- Task 2: Domestication of O. glaberrima
- Task 3: History of the evolution of maize after introduction in Africa including germplasm collecting in West Africa
WP 2: Targeted in situ diversity description
- Task 1: Analysis of in-situ diversity of wild and cultivated sorghums in two regions of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Task 2: Collection of rice Oryza glaberrima landraces in West Africa and relevant information
- Task 3: Collecting durum wheat landraces in Morocco and relevant information on social, human and environmental factors which structure production.
- Task 4: A pilot study on the impact of factors on the structure of genetic diversity through varietal nomenclature systems and seed exchange; the example of sorghum in Kenya.
WP 3: Underutilized species
- Task 1. Fonio in Guinea as a test study.
- Task 2. Collection of preliminary data on underutilized cereals in other project study sites.
- Task 3. Develop a concept note for a research proposal and organize a planning workshop.
Cookies de suivi acceptés